To be an influential organization in Southern California dedicated to fostering Japanese cultural awareness, developing its youth, and actively participating in the community.
To create an “experience of a lifetime,” that encompasses cultural awareness, self-development, teamwork, fundraising, community service, and basketball. The hope is that these experiences will play an important role in the development and character in our youth.
- Expose participants to Japanese cultural events, customs, and experiences
- Provide opportunities for participants to develop leadership skills
- Facilitate interaction, communication, and exchange of ideas through community service
- Support activities that seek to raise Japanese cultural awareness
- Expose participants to life-long lessons
Awareness – appreciating diversity of skills, cultures, and ideas
Harmony – working/collaborating with others; developing friendships/relationships; embracing diversity
Development – learning, strengthening, realizing potential
Volunteering – assisting others, improving society