The following criteria is utilized to select candidates for the Yonsei team.
Each applicant must:
- have played on a SEYO, CYC, CBO, or JAO team at one time between 2nd – 8th grade
- be in the 8th grade at the time of application deadline
- have a GPA of 3.0 or higher at time of application deadline
- write an essay of 300 words, or less, on the day of the physical tryouts. The topic will be determined by the Selection Committee
- participate in all components of the physical tryouts. An exception will be made for players who sustained a physical injury before or during the physical tryout
- along with their parent(s), or guardian, must participate in the interview with members of the Selection Committee
- submit two (2) letters of recommendation
- along with his/her parent(s), or guardian, must sign the waiver and release of liability
- and his/her parent(s), or guardian, must sign a Player-Parent contract which outlines team participation commitments, a code of conduct, and financial obligations
- have at least one (1) parent accompany them on the Goodwill tour to Japan
Applicants may be required to submit medical clearance to travel and play outside the United States of America.
Yonsei reserves the right to determine eligibility on a case-by-case basis.
Letters of Recommendation